HTA 2019 in Europe - Harmonisation Ahead?
The Commission's proposal for a Regulation on Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- European HTA and pricing collaborations to date: What has been achieved?
- Strengthening EU cooperation on HTA: The Commission's proposal
- European Early Dialogues experiences
- National HTA in England: What of EU cooperation?
- European orphan drug collaboration to date
This distinguishes our event
Aims and objectivesThe Commission's proposal for a Regulation on Health Technology Assessment (HTA) strengthened the discussion on whether and how to harmonise HTA in Europe.
This conference informs you on the EU collaboration models to date, the Commission's proposal and what to expect as of 2019.
Participate in this conference to learn how far we have come with regard to harmonising HTA in the EU (and beyond).
Those involved in value-assessment preparation and pricing activities will benefit particularly from this conference.
(from 08:30 registration)
- BeNeLuxA initiative
- EUnetHTA initiatives and successes
- EURIPID Guidance Document on external reference pricing
- Do we need more formal collaboration in Europe?
- Reasoning behind strengthening EU cooperation
- Which pharmaceuticals and medical devices are involved?
- How to reach an agreement on common clinical assessments
- Current status of the draft Regulation on health technology assessments
- Next political steps
10:45 Coffee break
- Summary of the NICE HST program
- Will NICE continue to collaborate on the joint HTA?
- What challenges will this entail?
- Paid-for and compassionate-use early access - pros and cons
- Managed access agreements during and after the HTA
- Lessons learned and applied to ATMPs
15:45 Coffee break
- Current experiences in national HTA assessments for orphan drugs
- Challenges in patient access to innovative, high cost medicines in EU
16:45 Final discussion
17:00 End of conference
LL.M. Secretary General Since 2009, Alexander Natz is Secretary General of the European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs (www.eucope.org) in Brussels and works as lawyer in his own law firm in Düsseldorf (www.natz-law.com). From 2008 to 2013, he was Head of the Brussels Office of Bundesverband der Pharmazeutischen Industrie e.V. (BPI). Before, he has been a lawyer with Sträter Law Firm in Germany with a special focus on discount agreements and licensing of pharmaceuticals. Dr. Natz also was working in the field of competition law with the European Commission and the pharmaceutical industry. As research assistant at Duke University (USA) he has dealt with international pharmaceutical law. His doctorate was supervised by former judge at the European Court of Justice, Prof. Dr. Dr. Ulrich Everling.
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Member of the Cabinet
Scientific Advisor, Pharmaceuticals Department
Chief Executive Officer and EU Market Access Expert
Associate Director Highly Specialised Technology (HST) Program
Member of the Board of Directors with EUCOPE; Until 2018 Senior Vice President of Global Government Affairs, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Telefon: +49 30 2502-1190
Fax: +49 30 2502-1199
- Delegates from the EU Commission, G-BA and NICE will attend
- Industrial experts will share their experiences of HTA in Europe
- European initiatives (BeNeLuxA, MoCA, etc.) will be presented
- Orphan drugs will be specifically addressed
Most useful were the insights on G-BA thinking but also teh deep overview on the other systems
HTA in other EU5 countries, France and Italy
It offered good opportunities for direct interactions/questions/discussions
Useful: Status European HTA and political implications
Very high quality content and speakers
Small group and interaction, most presenteres good
Useful content: The country-specific ones mostly + EUnet HTA also interessting
I would recommend the quality of the speakers
BIOGEN France SAS, France
I would recommend the possibility to get the latest information
Interessting discussions as well as a future outlook were made
I would fully recommend this conference to my colleagues
I would recommend the seminar because for the specific audience, i.e. HTA professionals
Good insights in processes
Unsere Jahrestagung mit allen aktuellen Insights zur digitalen Patientensicherheit
20.09.2018 in Frankfurt
Dieser Lehrgang vermittelt Ihnen fundierte Kenntnisse hinsichtlich der Erstellung des CMC Part des Qualitätsdossiers in der Arzneimittelzulassung.
15. - 17.08.2018 in Bonn
Grundlagen und Vertiefung im Heilmittelwerberecht praxisnah vermittelt!
11. - 12.09.2018 in Hamburg
Qualitätsdaten für die Zulassung: Von der Neuzulassung bis zur Variation
19.09.2018 in Köln
A course to discuss real cases/challenges for marketing authorisation in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Chile and Brazil with local experts from Brazil and Spain.
17. - 18.09.2018 in Frankfurt