e-Learning: Management Accounting (Basic Course)
- The role of management accounting in modern business
- Cost accounting info for decision making in business
- Planning and budgeting
- Information management and management reporting
- Performance management
- Key performance indicators
Aims and objectivesManagement Accounting is concerned with providing appropriate financial information to managers which then facilitates informed business decisions, better planning and improved performance and control. This e-Learning provides a comprehensive overview of the function, tasks, possibilities and limits of management accounting. It provides detailed knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning and reporting in practice and application problems. You will learn, apply and analyze established techniques for the evaluation and interpretation of management accounting.
In addition, you will also learn how to communicate financial measures effectively and appropriately.
- those who wish to understand the implications of decisions made across a range of management accounting issues.
- those who wish to develop the ability to analyze, interpret, and question the accounting information they may encounter in a business context.
- non-accounting staff who desire a practical introduction to the fundamentals of management accounting.
- Understand the concepts of management, accounting, and control
- Define management accounting and management control
- Distinguish management accounting from financial accounting
- Describe the role of a controller in an organization
- Understand how companies structure the management control function
- Understand how cost accounting information is used in business situations
- Explain the basic elements of cost accounting systems
- Understand the basic structure of a cost accounting system
- Explain how modern IT systems support cost accounting
- Illustrate how cost accounting can support managerial decision making
- Understand the importance of planning in general and cost planning in particular
- Understand the budgeting cycle
- Understand different uses of budgets
- Understand the use of cost variance analysis for cost management
- Define a master budget, an operating budget and a financial budget
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of traditional budgeting
- Distinguish the various alternatives to traditional budgeting
- Understand and describe the role of information in business
- Explain the difference between data and information
- Describe how information demand and information supply can be matched
- Describe the main steps in the management reporting process
- Differentiate the main logical dimensions in management reporting
- Understand current trends in management reporting
- Understand the purpose and the areas of performance measurement
- Identify the sources of information about financial performance
- Define performance indicators and performance measures
- Compute and interpret important key performance indicators for business
- Familiarize with performance measurement systems
Andreas Taschner studied Business Administration at Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien and at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. During his 12 years in industry, he held various positions in the telecommunications industry. Since 2011 he is professor of management accounting at ESB Business School of Reutlingen University. Taschner focuses his research and publication activities on management accounting problems in an international manufacturing environment with a special focus on supply chains and has published various textbooks and journal papers on management accounting topics. Andreas Taschner is a reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals.
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
This e-Learning will help you to develop an understanding of:
- the principles, practices, techniques and limitations of management accounting
- the quantitative methods used in management accounting
- management theory and practice
- economic theory in relation to business management
The e-learning programme 'Management Accounting' comprises five didactic modules that include videos in which the experts share their expertise with you. You can also download and print the corresponding presentation documents.
Each module comprises additional documents (links, guideline texts, etc.) as well as interactive exercises and questions, which help you practise and apply your newly gained knowledge.
Once you have completed the five modules and passed the tests, you will be awarded a certificate, which you can print out directly. The e-learning programme should be completed within three months. Try our e-learning programme for free and familiarise yourself with our learning environment.
1. Register for an e-learning programme on our website.
2. You will receive an email with your login data for our learning platform.
3. Log in to start your e-learning programme.
4. Complete your e-learning modules at your own pace.
5. Finalise the modules with a test.
6. Once you have successfully completed the test, you will be awarded a certificate, which you can print out.
Please try out the demo versions of our e-learning programmes free of charge to get an idea of our learning environment.
High-quality e-learning for a well-founded understanding of the concept of the Concept of the German Accounting Standards
31.12.2019 in Online
Auf diesem Lehrgang erfahren Sie alle aktuellen steuer- und bilanzrechtlichen Vorschriften einschließlich IAS/IFRS. Sie festigen das erlernte Wissen an zahlreichen praktischen Beispielen und Fallstudien. So gewinnen Sie Sicherheit und Effizienz bei der Aktivierung von IT-Equipment, Software und anderen immateriellen Vermögensgegenständen.
30.09.2019 in Frankfurt
NEU: e-Learning für Methodenwissen rund um Controllingzusammenhänge und -begriffe. Werden Sie auch als Nicht-Controller zum kompetenten Gesprächspartner - mit einem umfassenden Überblick über relevante Werkzeuge und Methoden.
31.12.2019 in Online
Digital transformation is solving problems with the best possible technical means. In order to find the right solutions, a fundamental understanding of digital transformation is essential. Use the food for thought and practical examples in this e-learning to identify the improvement potential in your company.
31.12.2019 in Online
One of the key elements in running any business that uses IT services is the management of IT costs. The company's IT should be used as sustainably as possible and the added value should be demonstrable.
31.12.2019 in Online