Patent Portfolio Generation and Management
- Strategizing patent portfolio generation and management
- Building/expanding/managing the IP department
- Budgeting and organizing patent portfolio generation
- Working with patent agents; patent filing strategies; patent portfolio quality
- Extracting value from the patent portfolio and pruning the patent portfolio
- Risk management
This distinguishes our event
Aims and objectivesOnly well-managed patent portfolios will contribute to the company's revenue and will not be a burden on the company's budget. Attend this practical course on patent portfolio generation (PPG) and patent portfolio management (PPM) and learn from firsthand experience of an experienced patent portfolio manager. Attendees will be shown practical tools and templates. Tools can be scaled and used in different industries.
- Aligning IP strategy with R&D and business strategies; IP SWOT
- Knowledge transfer; organization
- Roles; team analysis; hiring
- Workload/performance assessment
- Defining Patent Department goals
- Reporting to top management
- Auditing; creating IP awareness and knowledge
- Authority and budget responsibility
- Forecasting; monitoring
- Workflow; patent dept. in R&D process
- IP Tollgate Framework
- Invention generation/disclosure form
- Submission of inventions
- Screening; prior art searches
- Patent Committees; review processes
- Invention assessment; decisions
- Rewards and recognition; feedback to inventors
- Workflow; tech-based organization
- Insourcing vs. outsourcing; internal instructions; outsourcing architectures
- Agents: agreements; schedule of fees; collaboration
- Priority filings: strategies, assignment of priotiy filings to agents
- Strategies for further filings and country selection for grant
- Assignment of further filings to agents
- Patent types in a large patent portfolio
- Criteria for a valuable patent portfolio
- Identifying valuable patents
- Strategies for patent portfolio review
- Patent intelligence tools
- Ranking systems; claim charting
- Targeted/Accelerated prosecution
- Advantages and disadvantages of different pruning strategies; pruning criteria
- Risk assessment; FTO search and analysis
Simone Frattasi is a European Patent Attorney and a Telecommunications Engineer with a PhD in Wireless, Mobile Communications. Since June 2019, he is the Head of Global IP at Maersk, Denmark. From 2016 to 2019, he was the Head of the Patent Section of a Sony Mobile Communications, Sweden. Previously, he worked as a Patent Attorney at two Danish IP firms (Patrade and Plougmann&Vingtoft) and as a Technical Project Manager at Aalborg University, Denmark. He was a Swedish representative in: "ISOTC279: Innovation Management System, WG3, Guidelines for IP Management".
This seminar will be conducted online and 'live'. Here you will find further information.
The seminar will be conducted on the Zoom platform by means of video and a presentation:
- You hear the presentations of the speakers and see the slides,
- You can see the speakers via webcam,
- You can ask questions using the chat, audio and video functions.
A few days before the seminar you will receive an email with the access data for Zoom and further instruction on who to access the meeting.
You can participate using the chat, audio and video functions on any device (PC, mac, notebook, tablet, iPhone and smartphone). All you need is:
>> speakers or headphones.
- You see and hear speakers and slides and can ask questions via chat.
>> A microphone and webcam are optional.
- You can ask questions and make contributions to the speakers, can hear the other participants
>> also via a webcam
- the speakers and the other participants can see you when you ask questions contribute to the discussion
You can test it already here: https://zoom.us/test.
You will receive the contact data for technical problems with your login data.
The seminar will take place in time blocks of about 60-90 minutes each. There are breaks in the morning and in the afternoon of about 20 minutes. Lunch break will last about 60 min.
You should login between 8:30 and 8:45 so that the course can start with all participants at 09:00. Please note that the seminar can last until 17:30.
For further questions please contact us by phone or e-mail.
Donnerstag, 11.06. - 08:00 bis 16:00 Uhr
This course is also available as an in-house course at your premises. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We do also offer a condensed version of this course as an e-learning. It comprises eight video modules with the related presentation slides. This allows you to learn at a flexible time and place, without travel costs. For further information please send an email to email@example.com.
- 'This is really helpful for building our IP department. What I liked most: the practical applicability of the course content. Excellent course for portfolio managers.' Jan-Willem Louwaard, IP Senior Manager, Tenaris Connections
- 'The course has met my expectations. I liked that the course was practical.' Jean-Christophe Raboin, European Patent Attorney, Total
- 'Good insight in portfolio management, practical tools, templates.' European Patent Attorney
Amsterdam / Leiden
'This is really helpful for building our IP department. What I liked most: the practical applicability of the course content. Excellent course for portfolio managers.'
In our online course our speakers will give you tips and tricks on EP claim drafting and will show you which pitfalls to avoid. Learn more about the deal of European Patent claim drafting and improve your claim drafting skills.
10. - 12.06.2020 in
Our speaker will give you tips and tricks on EP claim drafting and will show you which pitfalls to avoid.
10. - 12.06.2020 in
This course is about the handling of Art 84 EPC: How to deal with clarity of claims in practice.
15.06.2020 in Amsterdam/Leiden
This course is about the handling of Art 56 EPC: How to deal with inventive step and the problem-solution approach in practice.
16.06.2020 in Amsterdam/Leiden
Bürokratie und warum wir Sie so lieben! Gestalten Sie sich ein einfaches, gleich verständliches und sofort umsetzbares Konzept. Erleichtern Sie sich Ihren praktischen Alltag im Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz.
25. - 26.06.2020 in Heidelberg